Transferring files from an iPod to a computer can be a daunting task. This is because of the restricting privacy policies followed by Apple. This might limit you from exploring your iPod to the fullest when it comes to sharing music and taking a backup of your favorite playlist. Worry no more as there is an easy and quick solution to this problem of transferring iPod playlists to iTunes on the computer. Read on to learn more!
Transfer Music from iPod to Computer
If you have Windows installed in your computer, then here is a quick and easy way to transfer music to your computer. You just have to follow the below mentioned steps and all the music on your iPod can be transferred to your computer in no time.
• First connect the iPod to your PC. Then hit the X in the upper right hand corner of the iTunes display, which you will find to the left of the search box. This will prevent iTunes from syncing automatically and erasing your playlist.
• Go to the Control Panel–> Portable Media Devices, double-click your iPod.
• In the Tools menu –> Options, in the View Tab, check ‘Show hidden files and folders.’
• Navigate to the Music folder.
• Now you can select the music folders, and drag and drop them into a folder on your hard drive, or directly into iTunes.
The only drawback of this method is that it only works on windows operating system. If you are using a mac, then this will not work.
But, by using a transfer utility you can very easily make the content transfer from iPod to computer and vice-versa. It supports all kinds of iPod or iPhone devices. It has a “search” function that aids in finding files easily. You can even play songs directly from the iPod without having to download the playlist to the computer. Our number one choice is MediaWidget. It is easy to use, and works like a charm. Plus, with MediaWidget, you can transfer onto multiple devices.
You can easily install the software quickly with the help of the wizard which will walk you through the setup. By just following the instructions, you can quickly install the software. It is compatible with Windows 7, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows NT, Windows Server 2008, Windows 2000 and Windows 98 operating systems.
The best part is you can try the software first as you get a free trial period. This will help you to have hands on experience of the software and check if it matches all of your requirements. Check out the MediaWidget Review here